Join the Fediverse talk:About
Idea: set the "under development" message as a global site notice
In Mediawiki you can set a global message to be displayed in header (similar to Mastodon announcements). I think that it would be better place for our "Under development" notice and official launch date than top of start page. To set it you just have to put desired content in the Mediawiki:Sitenotice page 😊 It is set as "Protected", so only administrators can edit it.
Add a proper Infobox template for current and future pages
The current infobox is a bit weird to work with, it would be nicer to have the have the one that Wikipedia uses. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Infobox Craftplacer (talk) 12:44, 26 December 2021 (CET)
It would be neat if there's also infobox templates for like instances, Fediverse clients, projects, etc. In the end, everything should look a bit uniform.
Forums or general discussion pages
Site has no Forum or similar namespace. Where should we raise matters that are broader than is appropriate for an article or other Talk page? Could this page be it? Robin Patterson (talk) 05:05, 28 November 2022 (UTC)
- We had a Discourse forum a while back. It now turned into a lemmy instance, but its not being used yet, because of some bugs.
- For now this is probably a good place.
- --Paula (talk) 06:49, 28 November 2022 (UTC)
The non-commercial license makes this wiki incompatible with all other CC licenses, including those of Wikipedia and some Fediverse sites. See https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Wiki/cc_license_compatibility. Why was it chosen?
An example of disadvantage is this notification on my timeline after the "NC" was queried when I suggested that much of FediThing's helpful material could be duplicated here:
"Unfortunately it looks like the licences aren't compatible, so they cannot use my text under their licence:
"However, the basic facts are in the public domain so if they want to write stuff in their own words they can do so."
- I am an anti-capitalist, so I like anti-capitalist licenses.
- I don't think its incompatible. After all it says "unless otherwise noted", so you can copy something with a different license and note it.
- Also if say you wanted to use some text from here in Wikipedia we could simply make an exception.
- --Paula (talk) 05:39, 29 November 2022 (UTC)