Talk:How to host your own Fediverse instance?
Return to "How to host your own Fediverse instance?" page.
Please follow the rules
This is not how we do things here.
If you want to make this drastic changes to an article you first have to discuss it in the articles discuss page.
--Paula (talk) 17:10, 5 November 2022 (UTC)
- Hi Paula, what's the problem? I took an out-of-date page and overhauled it. Right now my link to this page has hundreds of boosts on the Fediverse, so it's obviously useful. Since when do you have to ask permission to change a wiki?!
- Dajbelshaw (talk) 17:27, 5 November 2022 (UTC)
- It's in the guidelines: https://joinfediverse.wiki/Join_the_Fediverse:About#Guidelines
- Also the table showed prices and was ordered by price for a reason.
- --Paula (talk) 17:39, 5 November 2022 (UTC)
- I would think pricing is a little volatile to be usefully shown on a wiki, but if it is to include pricing could we make it something with class wikitable sortable so that it is in fact sortable across different software columns - it would be good to rescue the effort that has been put in to this Alanbell (talk) 17:50, 5 November 2022 (UTC)
Why the new table...
- i made changes to the page in one table and this was redone my Dajbelshaw so i created an new table
- I don't like prices in the table - actually the prices give a wrong impression, also i don like that the the names are not sorted alphabetical
- the table should look like this
- an the unmanaged hosting plan could be listed extra