Welcome to the Fediverse Quickstart guide
Hello and Welcome to the Fediverse.
Huh? Not part of the Fediverse yet? Well then get right started with point 1.
1. Find an instance, create an account
The quickest way to get started with the Fediverse is to find a Mastodon instance to join by checking out joinmastodon.org.
- If you first want to find out more about the Fediverse check out What is the Fediverse?
- If you might not want to join Mastodon, but another part of the Fediverse check out What are Fediverse projects?
- If you want to see more options for instances to join check out How do I get an account?
2. Edit your profile
Upload a profile pic, write a profile description and change some settings to your liking.
3. Write an intro post
Write your first post. Mention the hashtag #introduction and your interests and hobbies.
The Fediverse has a great Welcome culture, so your post will probably be boosted, liked and commented on quite a bit.
4. Follow interesting people
Go to your local or federate timeline and scroll through the post to find like-minded and interesting people. Follow them to fill your home timeline.
On the home timeline you'll see boosted posts originating from people you don't follow yet. Follow them if they post things you like.
A bit more about points 3 and 4 can be found under Getting started with your Fediverse account
5. Ask questions
You don't have to find all the answers in this wiki or other guides or even find out everything on your own.
Feel free to ask people on the Fediverse questions.